Test Engineer – Web Inspection Systems – Dundalk Ireland – Up to £40,000 – Bonus – Pension – Healthcare and more !
This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a solid test engineering background ideally in the Paper & Pulp sector to join a market leading corporate business with superb career progression opportunities!
The company is a multiple award winning, multi-billion pound turnover business that are always growing and
expanding. They have an excellent reputation as a business but also as an employer and are great advocates of
promoting from within the ranks.
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated candidate who is flexible to travel the world to work for a world leading engineering firm. The role is an engineering position focused primarily on the quality and continuity of our client’s Industrial imaging systems in the global Pulp and Paper Industry. Must have a strong desire to learn. The position is based in Dundalk, Ireland and will involve extensive foreign travel (35%) initially whilst training.
You will need to have an electrical or mechatronics Degree. You need to have a proven track record in a similar role with a passion for learning as well as a positive, energetic personality and an ability to be proactive and self motivated.
Responsibilities will include :
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge of the clients Pulp and Paper imaging product lines;
- Supports the sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective imaging solutions and prepares technical descriptions of the applied products and technology to support the proposal process. Serves as a key technical resource in the assigned area.
- Sample Testing Studies – Performed analytic and diagnostic imaging studies to determine the most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs. Proposes technical solutions for enquiries.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations and demonstrations for both internal staff and customers on complex product issues
- Commissioning – Ensures completion of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost effectively, in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Technical Support – Provides remote support and troubleshooting, in a collaborative manner, to the clients field engineers, project teams and customers for all issues associated with the clients products and systems.
- Product & Process Improvements – Collaborates with the Engineering team on process and productivity improvement projects; Collaborates with the R&D team on new product development and process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, Automation or related engineering discipline
- Basic understanding of working safely with low-voltage mains, electrical subsystems and system automation;
- Experience of PC operating systems, PC hardware and performance optimization;
- Experience with programming embedded controllers, I/O handling systems & PLCs;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong desire to learn about computer imaging in industrial applications;
- Up to £40,000
- 10% Pension
- Personal Health Care
URGENT DEADLINE – Please apply to this position immediately if it is of interest.
Location – Dundalk, Ireland
Call Ashley Hamer on 07557 956 696 or send an email with your CV and contact details
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer