Technical Support Analyst (3rd Line) – Software for Education
Basic salary up to £32,000 per annum plus benefits
Based in Loanhead, Midlothian
My client is a specialist provider of IT solutions to the education sector, specifically for ID management, cashless catering and online payment. They are looking for an experienced 3rd line support analyst to diagnose and troubleshoot systems and software, performing data recovery and repairs and rebuilding databases from corrupt files. A great opportunity to join a company that’s part of a huge international group, dedicated ongoing skills development.
- Working as part of a team delivering customer support to external customers on a range of products. This includes assisting with software problems via phone, email, web or even occasionally on site.
- Queries can cover software, hardware, environmental, technical or programming issues.
- Serving as 3rd line support within the team
- You’ll be using a variety of problem solving techniques including tests on data and programs, researching existing documentation, use of knowledge base and liaising with other teams to resolve customer issues.
- Communicating with partner integration technical teams regarding potential bugs and issues
- Working 9am-5pm Monday to Friday based in Loanhead
- It’s essential you have previous experience working in an IT support role, ideally supporting software applications
- Knowledge and experience of SQL, IIS and web based applications is needed
- You must understand Microsoft Windows server platforms, Domain controllers, Networks, VLANS, VMs, Antivirus, Firewalls, TCP/IP Routing and Integrated solutions#
- Need to have the ability to assess performance issues on a school network or equipment and advise the onsite IT personnel of possible resolutions
- You’ll need extended knowledge of DBSYS and SQL – query writing to enable tasks such as table manipulation, data recovery and repairs etc
- Have experience with SQL Management Studio to write and run queries to analyse the data within it.
- Personally, you’ll have excellent communication skills, be logical and analytical and able to problem solve
- A basic salary of up to £32,000 is offered
- 35 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension and life assurance
- Ongoing training and development as part of a multinational organisation
This role is available immediately so please apply below and we’ll be in touch within 48 hours for shortlisted candidates
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer