Role: Employer Agent / Surveyor (All Levels)
Salary: Up to £55k
Engineering Consultancy with a specialist Surveying team are looking to appoint ideally a Senior Surveyor to act as Employers agent to work on an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects worth up to £20m within London and the surrounding areas.
On offer is a substantial continuous development and training programme and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to our enviable record of RICS APC success.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossments
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require: An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
Although you shall have an ability to undertake the above functions autonomously, the candidate shall recognise when additional or senior input is required.
- University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with
- Quantity/Building surveying background
- RICS qualified, or working towards APC/RICS qualification
- Experience in residential development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional
If you are interested in the position please contact Mike at Cordant Recruitment.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer