Position: Senior Hydraulic Modeller/ Flood Modelling Engineer
Salary: Up to £37k
Are you a Hydraulic Modeller with experience within the Flood Risk sector looking to work for an award winning Modelling team in Manchester with great benefits?
- MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering or BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering + MSc
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or MCIWEM
- Be highly proficient in the use of modelling and GIS software including Flood Modeller Pro, Tuflow and MapInfo. Experience with other software (e.g. Mike DHI, InfoWorks ICM, ArcGIS, QGIS) is desirable
- Background working within consultancy or the water industry
- Appropriately design, build and run 1D-2D hydraulic models for range of scenarios and purposes, including: fluvial, surface water and tidal flood risk; low flows; river restoration design.
- Present modelling results through producing quality mapping and reporting
- Interpret model results to advise wider project team on the nature of flood risk and propose appropriate potential mitigation measures / development design.
- Undertake consultations with Local Planning Authorities (LPA), Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA) and other Stakeholders including Environment Agency
This is a permanent position in central Manchester for a Hydraulic Modeller or a Senior Hydraulic Modeller to join their Hydrology team. You will be leading/assisting in the delivery of hydraulic modelling (flooding) for a variety of schemes across local authority, developers and the water companies. You will be joining a team of experienced modellers with experience across Flood Risk, Fluvial, Tida and surface water modelling.
Flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. On offer is a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, car allowance, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer