Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Measurement and Analysis Equipment – Engineering Industry – Starting Salary £43-50k DOE – Pension matched up to 10% – Stroud
My client is a prestigious global firm, with over 100 years of engineering heritage. They are market leaders in instrumentation & analytical products across the world. Providing key products to a range of sectors, utilities, oil & gas to name a couple.
This role will involve you to work on the full life cycle of embedded software design and development for flow meter instrumentation within a globally renowned engineering firm. Subsequently it requires someone with a solid electronics knowledge combined with embedded software experience to fault find, assess the architecture, bug fixing etc. You will mainly be involved in NPI (new product introduction) but also be required to help on legacy design.
- Designing, validating and delivering high quality embedded product software primarily written in C, within a project team, or independently to agreed timescales and specifications.
- Working within a multi-functional team on new product development projects & legacy product maintenance.
- Estimating, planning and documenting own work at all stages of development cycle.
- Contributing to product technical specifications and accurate project plans.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-art technology & market trends that are relevant to your work.
- Applying a variety of accepted technology concepts as well as having the resourcefulness to apply the methodologies and technologies.
- Monitoring and developing IP strategies within own area of expertise based on good understanding of IP strategies and competitors patents in relevant domain. Actively working to identify and mitigate risks in R&D projects and activities.
- Support various other internal functions sales, service, QA and technical support.
Bachelor’s or Master’s in electronic engineer or a similar technical subject
Experience in embedded software engineering for commercial/industrial electronic products using C programming language.
Experience working in an agile environment
Must have worked at a SENIOR level – mentoring, training and delegating to others
Experience of development in resource constrained and ultra-low power measurement instrumentation.
Embedded software development experience with communications protocols such as HART. Modbus, Profibus, DNP3, GPRS, 4G, MQTT
Good understanding of analogue and digital electronics
Salary & Package
Private Medical Healthcare
10% pension contribution matched
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer