Project Planner – Birmingham – Salary: £55,000 – £65,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, global organisation with excellent career progression opportunities and a forward thinking attitude.
The business in the main provides Turnkey solutions in the substations for power transmission, transportation and renewable energy.
My client is looking for a Project Planner to join its planning department in Birmingham.
There will be lots of training and support provided throughout your probationary period and you will have the full support of your department throughout your career.
You will need to be fluent with using Primavera P6 and have used this throughout your career in the substation / EPC sector.
You will be the responsible project planner for several construction projects. In this client-facing role, your contribution will be crucial for the successful execution of projects from tendering to project closeout. You will be providing guidance to the PM and the rest of the project team.
You are responsible for preparing and continuously monitoring the program to accurately reflect progress, to identify critical paths and to ensure action plans are developed and implemented
You will need to have plenty of solid experience in a project planning environment working within the EPC / Substations sector.
Overall, the ideal candidate will be from a Substation background with a strong career in the Project Planning secor using P6
Responsibilities will include :
- Expertise in all aspects of Project Control, i.e. Estimating, Planning, Progress and Earned Value Measurement, and Cost Control.
- Liaising with the client
- Working closely with project management and other project stakeholders
- Reviewing the project scope and contract documents, suggesting changes for planning
- Producing Master Project Schedule Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Resource load planning and scheduling
- Identifying schedule slippages along with the root causes and mitigation options, communicating them effectively to the project team
- Effectively manage schedule float
- Developing and issuing weekly and monthly progress reports
- Developing & managing the Project Schedule Risk Register
- Developing What‐If‐Scenarios & recovery plans due to programme slippage and change requests
Produce & submit Schedule Delay Analysis reports
- Degree in a related discipline.
- 10 + Experience using Primavera P6 ideally
- 8 – 10 years experience in Project Planning
- In depth knowledge of Substations and EPC projects
- Experienced with Client liaison
- Excellent commercial awareness
- £55,000 – £60,000
- 33 days holiday
- Matched company pension scheme
URGENT DEADLINE – Please apply to this position immediately if it is of interest.
Location – Birmingham
Call Ashley Hamer on 07557 956 696 or send an email with your CV and contact details
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer