Are you a Production Engineer with design experience? Would you like the opportunity to join a world renowned engineering organisation in one of their state of the art manufacturing facility based out of Stonehouse, Gloucestershire? Would you like to take on a new, exciting permanent position paying up to £45k starting salary?
*HND/Degree in relevant Engineering subject, preferably Electro/Mechanical.
*Minimum of 2-5 years experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment.
*Ability to create detailed work instructions for production use. (Design)
*Hands on production engineering experience.
*Excellent communication skills.
*Ability to create detailed work instructions for production use.
*Lean manufacturing/automation experience will be advantageous.
*Experience of working in cross-functional teams, and on solo projects.
*IT skills – including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (desirable).
*£35-45k starting salary
*Persobnal Private Healthcare
*Matched Pension up to 10%
*Flexible benefits package on top of this
Working within our clients measurement and analytical device instrumentation division your role will be to evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly tooling, materials and test procedures to develop, improve and implement operationally excellent manufacturing methods.
- Provide engineering support and problem-solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate work standard.
- Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and application of lean/6 sigma processes.
- Lead, participate in, and promote continuous improvement through SMED and lean principles within facility applying a suite of improvement tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen Event, Poka Yoke, VSM, 4Q, etc.
- Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
- Plan and Manage specific upgrade and Automation projects to tight timescale.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment and equipment layout.
- Design and fabricate large test rigs – to include pipe fabrication using 3D modeling have an understanding of control systems such as PLC’s, Pneumatic valves, flow control.
- Drive and facilitate advanced manufacturing techniques (Automation).
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer