Would you describe yourself as a “subject expert” on a variety of assets associated with crane and lifting equipment within your business?
Are you looking to advance your career into consultancy or are you currently a Mechanical Consultant looking to become, or working towards chartered status?
Are you qualified to HNC (mechanical discipline) or above and do you have knowledge of in-service inspection procedures and processes in an ISO 17020 environment?
Finally would you like to join a multi-billion pound turnover business working with the industries most talented of engineers and individuals who offer investment, training, further education and a benefits package to cater for you and your family?
If yes, then this opportunity could be perfect for your next step…
Home based Working within group and supporting the Business Manager in delivering a subject matter expertise consultancy within the Crane discipline. Operating within agreed authority and according to the company’s technical philosophy and strategies, provide technical excellence to the business and be the source of knowledge for both the business and its clients
Sectors: Aerospace, Manufacturing, Forces, Commercial, Automotive, Marine, Utilities, Industrial, Nuclear
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to fee paying and internal customers in the designated fields of expertise and maintain technical and administrative control of commercial contracts to ensure optimum efficiency and profitability..
- Delivery against key personal and divisional KPI’s.
- Proactively implement the technical standards & service levels for the business.
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise within a designated discipline, ensuring that the business’s technical philosophy and strategies are understood and adhered to throughout the business unit.
- Provide engineering technical input into external trade associations, technical committees and statutory bodies.
- Act as the most senior point of referral for technical issues outside the authority of Engineer Surveyor personnel or where guidance or support is required.
- Develop and provide innovative solutions to consultancy processes thus differentiating the business in the marketplace.
- Coach and develop team members and field staff in technical issues, ensuring technical knowledge is maintained and developed through training both on and off the job in order to grow the capability of the business.
- Analyse Management Information, including the identification of Crane Inspection defect trends and use information to support decisions and planning inputs.
- Technical sign off for engineer surveyors.
- Refer any issues outside of their authority to the Accreditation Manager.
- £45-48k basic salary
- Company car or car allowance
- 33 days holiday inc statutory (Option to purchase or sell a further 5 days holiday per annum)
- 40 hour flexible working week which allows home life balance
- Employer double matching pension contributions up to 8%
- Health insurance and family option
- Dental Cover
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cash back and Voucher reward gateway
- Life cover of 4 times salary
- Guaranteed annual review
- Support with external training up to Chartership
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer