Head of Communications UK – Global Engineering Powerhouse – Extremely competitive salary/bonus (DoE) – Genuine career progression opportunities – Plus a host of other company perks
This senior appointment will present an excellent opportunity to join a £35bn turnover power engineering business. The successful applicant will join the business in a leadership position which is currently involved in enormous infrastructure projects in the UK. With over 100 years of engineering heritage, you’ll join their expert marketing function.
You will be responsible for corporate communications, Government and public relations, marketing communications, internal communications, media relations, branding, and social media on a corporate level. You will ideally have to be in the know on government & trade legislation to develop accurate applications/strategies.
- Plans, develops & implement an integrated communication plan to advance my clients brand identity within the UK
- Take responsibility for media relations and public affairs within your given area.
- Ensure control of the communication budgets
- Protect brand identity, corporate design and regulatory compliance in all communications, both internal and external.
- Plan, support and manage responses to positive and negative inquiries from external sources.
- Drive positive communication with all internal & external stakeholders.
- Measure the results of each campaign and share key learning and reports with the wider community.
- At least 7 years experience in ‘C’ level business, media & financial
- Multi functional communication skills with a focus on media, branding, investors & government activities.
- Business knowledge or at least industrial technology/capital equipment sectors
- Understanding of digital communications channels and the power of social media
- Exceptional writing/editing and oral communication skills
- Solid experience to deal with media request, both generalist as well as trades
- Proven track record in building strong thought leadership programs
- Proven experience to analyse and develop relevant metrics in dealing with different stakeholders
- Strong networking ability and multi-cultural credentials
- Direct work experience with senior management
Salary & Package
- Negotiable starting salary depending upon relevant experience
- Exceptional annual bonus
- Company car/allowance
- 10% Pension contribution
- Family BUPA healthcare
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer