Internal Sales Engineer – Process Industries
Basic salary £27,000 -£30,000 + bonus + benefits
Based in Manchester
My client is a major manufacturer of instrumentation for process industries such as water, oil and gas and pharmaceuticals. They have a fantastic reputation for developing talent through an excellent training program and ongoing investment in their people. It’s a great place to build a career! This is a great opportunity for someone with a technical qualification or experience who also has a sales background – be it as a sales engineer or even in a call centre as long as you are a great relationship builder and can fact find with customers to ensure the best service and products for their projects. These roles have arisen due to internal promotion.
- Working as part of a team you’ll be speaking to customers over the phone to discuss which products and solutions they need for their projects and opening up other opportunities for further business
- Understanding the environments the products will operate in and ensuring they always have the best available instrumentation for their needs and recording all information on the CRM system
- Building ongoing relationships and gaining an indepth knowledge of the customer’s market place and environments
- You’ll be problem solving to overcome difficulties and working closely with the engineering department and also stores to ensure the right product gets to the customers when they need it.
- There will be a lot of incoming enquiries but also proactive calls to lapsed clients and existing customers
- You’ll have strong sales experience but not necessarily within the engineering sector, this could come from a commercial environment or even a call centre
- A technical qualification is needed, either mechanical, electrical, chemical or similar so you can build an understanding of the products and solutions and their applications
- You might be an engineering/technical graduate with sales experience elsewhere
- Great communication skills are needed and a real desire to learn and take on board knowledge of the products and solutions.
- You will be naturally inquisitive with good rapport building skills so the clients can trust you and build ongoing relationships.
- We’re looking for energetic, passionate people who have a real drive to deliver the best service to customers.
- Any knowledge or background in instrumentation would be a real benefit but isn’t essential
- A basic salary between £27k and £30k is offered although the higher end would be for someone more experienced.
- There is a bonus of around £3-4k on top of the basic salary
- Excellent product and sales training are offered over a 9 month period
- The company have a great average tenure for employees who grow and develop within the business
- There is an onsite restaurant for lunch and subsidised gym membership
- Health screening is available and a free mental health line for anyone who is looking for support
- There is also a good company pension which starts at 5% but increases with tenure up to 12%
If you have sales and technical skills and are looking for a great opportunity to build a career please get in touch below, the positions are available immediately. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer