Helpdesk/ Support Technician – Daventry, Northants – £35,000
Voted in the top 10 Italian employers to work worldwide; for the second consecutive year, my client is the UK subsidiary of a market-leading manufacturer of high-technology, industrial CNC machinery for the woodworking industry. Due to expansion, they are currently seeking to recruit a Technical Support / Help Desk Technician to strengthen our existing Technical Support Department.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role will be responsible for providing first-line support to our customers and field-based
engineers, dealing with a range of issues from software queries to urgent breakdown assistance.
REPORTING TO: Service Manager
As a CNC Helpdesk Technician, you will provide first-line support to our customers and field-based engineers, dealing with a range of issues from software queries to urgent breakdown assistance. You will also liaise with our Spare Parts department by assisting in parts recognition. Additionally, you will be integral in supporting the Technical Support Team Leader to shape the after-sales support function of the business.
This is an exciting role and is an excellent opportunity for an experienced woodworking /
metalworking CNC Helpdesk Technician or an experienced woodworking / metalworking CNC Service Engineer who is looking for a new and interesting role – office based. In return, we offer a comprehensive, ongoing training plan – both here in the UK and at our parent company in Italy.
– Ability to read and interpret electrical / pneumatic schematics and mechanical drawings.
– Previous experience in electrical (Board level) / mechanical fault-finding and the installation
and maintenance of CNC routing or Milling machining centres.
– Electrically Bias with a working knowledge of mechanical systems.
– Qualifications in an engineering discipline.
– Ability to prioritise workload whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
– Excellent Customer Service skills, both written and verbal with the ability to promote high
standards of professional behaviour.
– Knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
– Excellent ICT skills.
– Punctual and time-management conscious.
– Strong planning and organisational skills.
– Time-served and qualified to HNC level.
– Experience in the woodworking industry is highly advantageous but experience in the
metalworking industry will be considered.
– Knowledge of cutting tools/CNC Routers/Beam Saws/panel processing/Edge Banding
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer