Are you an experienced and Senior Contract Management professional?
Do you have Senior Contract Management experience in the project execution of EPC projects?
Do you have knowledge of FIDIC, NEC3 and bespoke type contracts?
If you can answer yes to all three of the above then Cordant Engineering would like to hear from you….
Our client is a global leader in power technologies who provide system, software and service solutions to utility, industry, transport & infrastructure customers to plan, build, operate and maintain their power infrastructure.
Despite these challenging social and economic times they have a critical vacancy for a Head of Contract Management to be responsible for Contract Management activities for UK projects from their Staffordshire location.
Experience/ Qualifications required;
- Degree in quantity surveying, engineering, construction management or law.
- Senior Contract Management experience in the project execution of EPC projects, *preferably in the field of power and automation, or similar industries.
- Knowledge of FIDIC, NEC3 and bespoke type of contracts.
- Experiences in working within internationally staffed teams and with international contractual partners.
- Proven experience in managing a team of experienced Contract Managers.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
Main accountabilities will include;
- Heading the Contract Management team whose overriding target is to safeguard companies’ contractual entitlements
- Manage the portfolio of contracts (Owner/Customer, Consortium and Subcontracts), and follow contract and claim management methodologies.
- Preparation of terms and conditions of Customer’s contract, Subcontracts, Supply contracts and Consortium Agreements at tendering stage;
- Support to project management, site management, procurement/ supply department and other project team members in the execution of Customer Contracts, Consortium Agreements, Subcontracts/Supply contracts to secure ABB’s contractual rights and entitlements
- Managing the overall identification of opportunities for outgoing claims (Customers, Suppliers/Subcontractors and Consortium Partners), developing claim strategies, preparing notifications/correspondence and related documentation
- Leading the overall analysis of incoming claims (Customers, Suppliers/Subcontractors and Consortium Partners), development of defense strategies, preparing response/ correspondences, counter-claims
- Heading the preparation and conduction of risks and opportunities analysis/ presentations, preparation of strategy papers, definition of overall project claim strategies
- Leading contract and claims negotiations and settlements together with the project management
- Preparation of project related amendments, change orders and other contract related documents
- Supporting the close-out of contracts
- Ensuring adherence to insurance provisions and preparation of insurance claims
- Support and participation in weekly and monthly project status meetings with Project team, Customers, Suppliers/Subcontractors and Consortium Partners
- Coaching Project Team Members in contract and claims management topics
What’s in this for you?
Up to £70,0000 Salary (depending on experience)
10% Company Bonus
33 Days Holiday in stats
Company Car Allowance
Flexible working available
Excellent career advancement opportunities – UK & Global
Interested? Contact Adam Calderwood at Cordant Engineering on 07977 287 537
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer