Field Service Engineer – Solar – Leicester – £35,000 – £40,000 – 10% Bonus – Company Vehicle 10% Pension and More.
This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a solid Field Service background in the Solar market to join a market leading corporate business with superb career progression opportunities!
The company is a multiple award winning, multi-billion pound turnover business that are always growing and
expanding. They have an excellent reputation as a business but also as an employer and are great advocates of
promoting from within the ranks. They offer future opportunity to work globally should that be something you wish to do.
The main office is located in Worthing however you will ideally be based in the Midlands area – Leicester being perfect with good access to the uk as a whole.
You will be in the main performing warranty and maintenance work in regards to the Inverters located on large scale Solar farms throughout the UK. Most of the sites are for large utilities business’s
You will need to be from a Solar background as well as having a strong field service history and be up to date with all health and safety procedures.
The kit you will be working with will be mainly large inverters plus all ancillary equipment alongside them. ( switchgear / transformers etc )
You will need to be electrically qualified with either a HNC/D . You need to have a proven track record in a similar field service role with a passion for the Solar / power electronics industry. A positive, energetic personality is needed with an ability to be proactive and self motivated.
This is a customer facing role and requires a polished engineer comfortable in communicating with all types of stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include :
- Maintain and service inverters and associated capital equipment to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Perform remote on site customer services, including installing, commissioning, troubleshooting and repairing of inverter equipment and related products.
- Provide technical support to customers on site and via telephone and email.
- Provide adequate documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Perform field engineering projects while maintaining safety standards.
- Complete on site audits for improved reliability.
- Carry out on site root cause analysis on equipment failures.
- Make recommendations, based on audits and analysis, to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Electrical Degree qualified / HNC / D
- Experienced in the Solar service industry
- Proven experience in a field service role
- Experience in Inverters, Electrical Power Systems
- Great attention to detail
- Uk wide Travel
- Excellent communication skills
- Needs to be very well organised
- knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel
- Fluent written & spoken English
- £35,000 – £40,000
- 10% Pension
- 10% Bonus
- Company Vehicle
- Personal Health Care
URGENT DEADLINE – Please apply to this position immediately if it is of interest.
Location – Leicester
Call Ashley Hamer on 07557 956 696 or send an email with your CV and contact details
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer