Engineer Surveyor (Test and Inspection of Pressurised Equipment)
Basic salary starts at £40,500 per annum and increases to £45,000 after 2 years service + £5,000 car allowance + excellent training + annual company bonus + great benefits
Covering around a 20 mile radius of Swindon based from home
My client is an award winning engineering services company who test and inspect industrial pressure equipment. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands on engineer to move into a role which is out on the road, visiting client sites and ensuring equipment is compliant with regulations. There is even the opportunity for some flexible working hours so you can achieve the work life balance you’re looking for!
- Based from home you’ll be visiting companies who have any type of industrial pressurised equipment on site. This could be from large industrial boiler systems to air conditioning units and even coffee boilers.
- Once on site you’ll be carrying out detailed inspections and quality assessments and ensuring the customer is compliant with regulations including PSSR
- You’ll be helping to spot any potential defects in the pressure equipment and hence helping to prolong its life
- After each inspection you will be writing detailed reports to ensure the customer has all the information they need regarding the safety of their equipment
- A planning team help organise your daily visit route and you’ll get this in advance so you can concentrate on the inspections rather than the scheduling.
- You will need to have a Level 4 engineering qualification (so HNC or equivalent) and some good practical experience working with pressure equipment. This could be as a maintenance engineer, marine systems engineer and often this role can suit someone from the Royal or merchant navy who is used to dealing with large pressurised boiler systems
- We need someone who can solve problems and communicate with customers effectively so they understand what’s wrong and how it can be dealt with.
- You’ll have strong written communication skills and good IT literacy that you will need to complete the customer reports
- Self motivated, organised and able to work from home
- A basic salary of £40,500 is offered which rises to £45,000 after 2 years service.
- You’ll get a £5000 a year car allowance and paid travel time as well as mileage reclaim
- There is a fantastic training programme so you don’t have to have done a similar job before!
- There is an annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Laptop and mobile
- Great benefits
- The option for some flexibility in working hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
This role is available and interviewing now for a January start date. Please apply below and we will be in touch with shortlisted applicants within 72 hours
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer