Are you an Embedded Software Engineer with full cycle embedded design (in C) and development experience on any kind of electronics? Would you consider a full time opportunity with a globally renowned engineering company within their industrial automation measurement and analysis division? Would you be willing to consider a basic salary up to £42k with a host of extra benefits on top?
If the answers are yes, this could be an ideal opportunity to join our client, working out of their hi-tech facility in St. Neots, Cambridgeshire. Whether you are employed on a staff basis already or a contractor that is looking to go full time with IR35 looming, now could be the ideal time to make the move!
*Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Software engineering or a similar technical subject. (Alternatively, 5+ years relevant embedded experience with no degree would also be considered)
*Experienced in writing embedded software using the C programming language – low-level drivers, application code etc.
*Experience in using real-time OS.
*Experienced in agile development practices
*Living within a commutable distance of St. Neots, Cambs or willing to relocate
*Cybersecurity awareness, experience in writing software following a secure development lifecycle.
*Experience in C++
*Experience in EmbOS, ThreadX, Linux etc is a plus.
*Experience in IAR IDE, Visual Studio, Klocwork and TFS are helpful.
*Experience in TCP/IP stack and related protocols(HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, TLS, MQTT, SMTP) are beneficial.
Up to £42,000 starting basic salary
10% annual bonus
Matched pension up to 10%
25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell extra holiday days
Life assurance x 6
- Designing, validating and delivering high quality embedded product software, primarily written in C, within a project team, or as an individual engineer, to agreed timescales and specification.
- Working in an agile software development environment.
- Working within a multi-functional team of design engineers located locally and at other sites on new product development projects and legacy product maintenance.
- Estimating, planning and documenting own work at all stages of the development cycle.
- Team working, communicating with and providing technical support to other departments, although working independently if necessary.
- Contributing to product technical specifications and accurate project plans.
- Supporting strategic technology direction through own work and by proposing innovative technology development, application and solutions.
- Maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology and market trends affecting company products and services, and recommending appropriate actions in response.
- Applying a variety of accepted technology concepts as well as having the resourcefulness to apply new methodologies and technologies.
- Supporting and leading less experienced engineers.
- Supporting technical queries from other business functions such as Sales, Service, QA and Technical Support.
If you are interested in applying for the above position please apply to this advert in the first instance.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer