CNC Breakdown Engineer – 33k -35k – Uk based – Company Car.
Excellent opportunity to join an exceptional market leading business with a great reputation within the market.
This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a solid service engineering background in the CNC industry to join a market leading corporate business with superb career progression opportunities!
You will need to be experienced in the CNC arena ideally doing a similar role currently. You will need to be comfortable with uk travel typically being away from home 4 nights a week.
The machinery ranges in value from around 50k up to 250k in some cases. They are sold into a variety of different sectors from the Glass industry to large kitchen manufacturers etc.
You will in the main be travelling from site to site attending breakdowns. You Will need to be comfortable fixing CNC machinery. It is essential that you have experience with CAD/CAM and other software skills would be advantageous.
In this role you need to have experience in repairing CNC machinery of all shapes and sizes as well as having the skills of a true field service engineer in regards to attitude. You need to be a great communicator and be able to explain technical issues to stakeholders clearly.
Day to day
Understand and demonstrate knowledge of engineering activities including:
Installation and commissioning of capital equipment (Preferably CNC machines)
- Supporting customers and the helpdesk on technical and customer issues
- Understanding mechanical drawings
- Understanding electrical drawings
- Problem solve and troubleshoot in the event of difficulties arriving from an intervention
- Site surveys
- Customer training CAD/CAM
- PLC and CNC knowledge
- Attend training courses
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard within the allowed timeframe and actively reduce any remedial work
- Advising on installation planning through historical knowledge
- Technical advice and troubleshooting for customers and the business
- Taking ownership for the work carried out on site with flexibility in accordance with our customers needs
Qualified CNC Engineer ( recognised certifications )
Strong background in service & maintenance
Ability to do technical reports and fault find.
Great attention to detail
Needs to be very well organised.
knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel
Clean full driving licence
Fluent written & spoken English
£33,000 – £35,000
Medical Insurance with BUPA
Life Insurance (2 x gross annual salary)
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Government Pension Scheme
Health Assured (Advice Line)
Company Mobile Phone
Company Car or 45ppm (1st 10,000miles, then 25ppm) if using own car
Company credit card
Overtime paid (x1 1/3 in week day, x1 ½ Saturday, x2 Bank Hols & Sunday)
Overtime incorporated into holiday pay – take average O/T worked over 12 weeks
URGENT DEADLINE – Please apply to this position immediately if it is of interest.
Location – UK Based
Call Ashley Hamer on 0161 831 1608 / 07557 956 696 or send an email with your CV and contact details
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer