The B1 Licensed Engineer (South East Base) is a certifying Licensed Aircraft Engineer (LAE) position. The B2 LAE must hold a valid EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License.
The B1 LAE must also be prepared to work flexibly as part of a team, not only at the Client Site, but as an integral part of the Gama Engineering Group and as such must have strong communication, organisation and leadership skills.
This role will be based in the Greater London area, Middlesex within the M25.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Carry out scheduled Base and Line maintenance activities at the South East Base (Client Site) and provide certification of own work alongside supervision and certification of unlicensed engineers work.
- Carry out aircraft maintenance as an unlicensed engineer when required for aircraft types not held on approval.
- Ensure the completion to schedule of customer order requirements when acting as supervising, certifying or category C engineer for a given input.
- AOG activities at and away from the South East Base (Client Site).
- Travel to, and work at, other GAEL bases for short periods of time as required.
- Compliance with GAEL Maintenance Organisation Exposition and published processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety procedures, processes and COSHH are always observed.
- Ensuring that their day to day housekeeping and that of engineers being supervised by them is kept to a high standard.
- Comply with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- If required assist the Commercial Department in generating estimates for Line or Base Maintenance Services when required, giving advice on man hours / parts / services and any likely additional costs.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
- EASA B1 Part 66 License with applicable type ratings.
- Be happy to travel to other locations, including overseas, occasionally at short notice.
- Deep working knowledge of Part 145 is required.
- Turboprop experience will be highly advantageous.
- Be computer literate.
- Be eligible to hold a UK security clearance.
- Be able to work on a shift pattern.
- A full driving licence is preferred.
- A current valid passport is required.
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme
All applicants are obligated to demonstrate right to work in the UK or Europe
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer